Choose a date to find out what's on that day.
What's on -
next month >
Choral Scholarships available
Thames Philharmonic Choir seeks to appoint four choral scholars (SATB) for the 2021-22 season. The scholarships are designed for aspiring professional singers aged 18-30, or students in full or part time music education. An annual stipend of £1000 will be paid to each scholar across three terms.
What we expect from scholars
- Attendance at weekly Tuesday rehearsals providing confident vocal and musical support for members of the section
- Mandatory attendance at the three main concerts of the season
- Active participation in other musical and social events in the choir calendar e.g. charity carol singing
- Occasional help with setting up venues and social media promotion
What we can offer scholars
- Annual stipend of £1000
- Opportunities for step-out solos in main concerts (dependent on repertoire)
- One 1-1 and one group coaching with MD, Harry Bradford, and Accompanist, James Orford
- Three ‘Scholars’ Recitals’ a year, proceeds from two of which will go directly to the scholars.
- Free music hire for the year
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting your current studies or work and future ambitions by email to email@example.com midnight 6th June 2021.
Thames Philharmonic Choir event
An exciting early summer concert will celebrate our return to live performance. Including a range of works chosen by choir members to mark our 20th anniversary in 2020, this concert will also feature a newly-commissioned work by our Assistant Conductor, Paul Ayres, and readings to compliment the theme of the concert performed by members of Richmond Shakespeare Society. Save the date; Saturday 22nd May 2021, in St Mary’s Church Twickenham.
Full details: http://www.concordiavoices.org/
Concordia Voices event
back to top
Arts Richmond Events