Choral Scholarships available
13 May 2021 - 6 Jun 2021
Thames Philharmonic Choir seeks to appoint four choral scholars (SATB) for the 2021-22 season. The scholarships are designed for aspiring professional singers aged 18-30, or students in full or part time music education. An annual stipend of £1000 will be paid to each scholar across three terms.
What we expect from scholars
- Attendance at weekly Tuesday rehearsals providing confident vocal and musical support for members of the section
- Mandatory attendance at the three main concerts of the season
- Active participation in other musical and social events in the choir calendar e.g. charity carol singing
- Occasional help with setting up venues and social media promotion
What we can offer scholars
- Annual stipend of £1000
- Opportunities for step-out solos in main concerts (dependent on repertoire)
- One 1-1 and one group coaching with MD, Harry Bradford, and Accompanist, James Orford
- Three ‘Scholars’ Recitals’ a year, proceeds from two of which will go directly to the scholars.
- Free music hire for the year
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting your current studies or work and future ambitions by email to email@example.com midnight 6th June 2021.
Presented by Thames Philharmonic Choir
Full list for Choral/Choirs