Opera Live At Home with Cliff Zammit Stevens
26 Jan 2021 - 26 Jan 2021
Cliff's recent performances include concerts and operas around Europe, notably Don Curzio and Don Basilio in Le nozze di Figaro with Garsington Opera on tour in Corfu, and Tebaldo in I Capuleti e i Montecchi across the UK and Otello in Rossini’s Otello. He was top of the bill for the concert in Berlin to celebrate Malta's EU presidency.
Recent reviews describe his singing as ‘a revelation’ (Daily Express), and as ‘showing exceptional promise’ (Opera Magazine).
Arias this evening include:
- Dies Bildnis ist bezaubernd schön, (Tamino) Die Zauberflöte, K.620/Act 1, Mozart
- Una furtiva Lagrima, (Nemorino) L'Elisir d'Amore, Donizetti
- Kuda Kuda vi udalilis, (Lensky), Act 2, scene 2, Eugene Onegin, Tchaikovsky
- Ah la Paterna Mano, (Macduff), Act 4, scene 1, Macbeth, Giuseppe Verdi
- No puede ser, (Leandro), Act 2, La tabernera del puerto, Pablo Sorozábal
- Granada by Lara Augustín
Cliff has also recently founded 'The Marcy Foundation’ in memory of his late mother, to raise awareness of and to tackle social issues including domestic violence, mental health, child abuse, drug and substance abuse, and HIV.
Accompanied on piano by Maria Elena Farrugia, a graduate of the Royal Northern College of Music.
Programmes with translations will be sent out before the concert.
Presented by Helen Astrid Singing Academy
Full list for Music/Gigs