Art History Lectures: History of Collecting & Collections (Block 1)
23 Jan 2018 - 6 Feb 2018
1 - 2.30 pm
Orleans House Gallery
This three-part lecture series on the history of collecting objects, displaying them, and sharing them with a public, covering the Renaissance to the present day.
The series will include cabinets of curiosity, collections put together by artists, and ways in which museums have chosen to put their collections on display.
- Date: Tuesdays 23 January (Cabinets of Curiosity), 31 January (History of Public Gallery and Museum), 6 February (Contemporary Artist Collectors) 2018
- Time: 1 to 2.30pm
- Location: Coach House, Orleans House Gallery
- Price: £36 for the full series or £15 per drop-in session (10% off for Richmond Card holders)
Please book online.
Presented by Richmond Arts Service and Orleans House Gallery
Full list for Literature/Talks/Walks
Arts Richmond events
- Arts Richmond Poetry Hub WW1 Centenary Walk
21 Oct 2018
- Full of Life Fair
26 Oct 2018
- Tim Marshall: Prisoners of Geography: Ten maps that tell you all you need to know about global polit
7 Nov 2018
- AN EVENING WITH KAMAL AHMED BBC Economics Editor
14 Nov 2018
- An Evening with Author Alan Robert Clarke in conversation with Actor John Sessions
21 Nov 2018