An Arts Richmond Event
The Diana Armfield Drawing Competition
The Diana Armfield RA NEAC Prize for Drawing from Observation
Thursday 22 November 2018 - Friday 15 March 2019
Landmark Arts Centre
Distinguished and highly respected artist, Diana Armfield, has generously agreed to sponsor a Drawing Competition to encourage artists aged 16 years and upwards to draw from observation (i.e. from observing actual 3 dimensional forms and objects). It is in memory of her husband, Bernard Dunstan, another eminent artist, who sadly died recently at the age of 97. Both Diana and Bernard were well-known Royal Academicians for very many years and were members of prestigious Art Societies.
She is offering a prize of £250 to the winner, who will also be allowed to keep one of her beautiful framed drawings for a year.
Diana wishes to encourage artists to draw directly from life, not from photographs or by using devices or other means. The details of the competition are as follows:-
- The work should be drawn from observation using pencil, charcoal, pen and ink or other monochrome medium (not painted).
- Entries should be mounted and covered with e.g. cellophane but not framed.
- A maximum of 3 works submitted at a cost of £3 each.
- Closing date for submissions is Friday 1st February 2019 – work to be brought to Arts Richmond Office at the ETNA Centre.
- Judging will follow and the art works will be displayed at the Landmark Centre from Wednesday 6 to Friday 15 March 2019.
- The Private View and announcement of the winner will be on Thursday 7 March from 6 to 8pm.
It is open to everyone in the borough over the age of 16 years - if you or anyone you know wishes to enter, please get in touch with the Arts Richmond office for further details and an entry form.
Phone: 020 8892 9446